The 2017 Vail Farmers’ Market & Art Show is a huge success. We estimate 220,000 plus folks visited the Market. We had 137 tents. We promoted the Market in social media, 5280 Magazine and the Vail Daily. We know of no other market that comes close to the advertising, activities and entertainment that the Vail Farmers’ Market & Art Show provides.
The 2018 Market will run every Sunday from Fathers’ Day (June 17th) through September 30th. Hours of operation are 10:00am to 3:30pm. 16 Markets total. We will work at having on extra market on October 7th, based on produce availability.
We will keep our focus on farm & food products while we also promote our Colorado artist/artisan presence. We’ve found that our artistic dimension that has created in Colorado items has helped make the Market attractive to a larger audience of visitors.
To the right is a application for the 2018 Market.
The market fees are as follows:
1. $990 for the full season for a 10X10 space.
2. A second tent is $795
3. We will not have a third tent available for vendors this year.
4. The 2018 tent fee deposit is $450 per tent space requested. This and the $20 jury fee is due with your application. This tent space deposit counts towards your market fee and will reduce the amount you owe April 1, when the rest of your tent fee is due.
5. The “security” deposit is $100 per vendor, and it does not count towards your tent fee. The purpose of the “security” deposit is to encourage smooth market operations. Fines will be assessed for not attending and for not
following market rules and will be deducted from your “security” deposit. The $100 “security” deposit must also be included with your application.
6. The Town of Vail requires vendors who do not have a Vail Business License to purchase a $75 Special Event Sales Tax License, which is good for the full market season.
An application will be sent to you in the spring, if you are not a Town of Vail business.
The application will be due 4/1/2018
The Sales Tax is due every month. The sales tax will be collected the last day of every month and first day of the month at the market. We ask you bring your sales tax in its envelope to the market. We will bring all our sales tax to
The amount due for new vendors who have not paid a security deposit is $550. Vendors, who have paid their security deposit and not had any fines, please pay $470 with your application, which includes your $20 jury fee. We are asking for the applications back by September 30th. The Market sold out early in 2017 and we expect it to sell out early again in 2018. Therefore, if you’re interested in participating, you may want to get your application
in very quickly. The market will be juried so please have five pictures sent with your application. We are asking for everyone to send a picture of your tent space and detail every item you are planning on selling in your booth.
If accepted, your remaining tent fee will be due by April 1, 2018. You will receive a reminder in March. All you need to send now is your
1. completed application with a signed copy of the rules,
2. a $470 deposit for each tent space that you want to reserve, (which includes the jury fee)
3. 3.plus a $100 “security” deposit. (If you have not sent a security before) If you drop out after you are
accepted, all of your deposits and fees are forfeited.
All Vendors applying to the market will be juried.
1. Applicants will need to send 4-5 photos of their artwork/craft/tent in with their application. We do not accept any jewelry, clothing or accessories for the Vail Farmers’ Market. (Unless you own a Town of Vail Business)
Please submit a booth display image. Include pictures of your booth equipment and display showing how you will present your products at the market
2. The deadline for paper applications with slides is September 20 th, 2017 postmark or email date.
3. The non-refundable processing fee is $20.00. Make checks payable to
Vail Farmers Market and Art Show and mail to PO Box 1978, Vail, CO, 81658. A Meadow Drive jury will judge the applications for the market. Any applications without photos of work/booth will not be juried. You will be notified after jurying is done end of November.